12/03/2012

All about food - in and out


Helmut Newton


Kiki Smith

Since there is a great renaissance of interest in Newton's works and Smith is one of my favourite contemporary artists and I've recently paid more attention to what I eat, here comes a short illustration of what can happen to a man during the process of digestion.

Something really scary.

Seriously, guys. I strongly recommend you be tested for food intollerance if you can afford it (in Poland where I come from it is relatively expensive, I do not know about other countries). I just got my results last week and, hurray, I found out I should completely exclude from my diet such products as:

* dairy (cow, goat, sheep milk)
* eggs
* all carbs containing gluten
* yeast
* honey

and other stuff such as raspberries, curry, pineapple, celery and so on.

Fortunatelly, my best friend, Anna Reingard, with whom I met at my first day at School of Form, the design college I entered this autumn, is in exactly hopeless position as myself. We decided to tackle this problem creatively and started working on a comic about us being not able to eat nearly anything. All in all, we are at a design school. And design is not about crying above problems, but finding solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment